Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Character Study: Mary Kelly- history

Mary Kelly


The following hundred questions were taken directly from "The 100 Most Important Things To Know About Your Character (revised)" by Beth Kinderman and Nikki Walker at http://www.geocities.com/poetess47/100questions.html. and are filled out as though from Mary Kelly's perspective.


Part 1: The Basics

1. What is your full name?
Mary Sarah Kelly

2. Where and when were you born?
January 1, 1978, Smallville, KA.

3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

Mary Elizabeth Osborne-Kelly
Military nurse until the birth of Liz Kelly, my sister, in 1974,
Doted on Elizabeth, disapproving of me –
Stern, methodical, critical, officious.
When Elizabeth died she re-enlisted.

and

Alex John Kelly
Army Sergeant, who transferred stateside to work as a boot camp instructor when Elizabeth started attempting suicide. Dad took care of me while mom tried to cope with Liz.

4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
Elizabeth, deceased, emotionally -troubled, suffered from eating disorders, drinking, and attempted to commit suicide several times—finally succeeding through a drug overdose in the hospital.

5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
Still in Smallville. Living on my own- in the attic rental of a widow – Ms. Ellis. Ms. Ellis is nice and tries to be like a mom or grand mom to me: reminding me to dress warmly, and keep early hours.

6. What is your occupation?
Assistant Nurse – still training for full certification

7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

Dad says I remind him of an imp or a hobbit, and I’ll kind of go with that. When I dress right to highlight the hobbit look patients smile a lot and all of the kids in the children’s ward treat me like I’m right out of the Lord of the rings. But as for the specifics:

Height 4’6”
Weight 126
Race Caucasin- scotch irish
Hair Curly -black
Eye color Sort of a Blue with Hazel tones
Favorite style of dress Whatever fits the occasion
any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. Other than looking like a hobbit … no.

8. To which social class do you belong?
That’s an odd question, there aren’t really that many classes here in Smallville. I do alright, but I’m not a doctor or a Luthor- so, I guess you would have to say middle class.

9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
Nope, unless you would consider an addiction to smores a disease, but probably not.

10. Are you right- or left-handed? Both, I use what ever hand I need to .

11. What does your voice sound like?
Another odd question.

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
I don’t know, I haven’t really paid attention.

13. What do you have in your pockets?
I don’t really wear pockets too much but carry a small back pack purse with small bags, one of candy, dog and cat treats, and the other some bread for the birds or squirrels in the park.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Bunches and bunches of them I’m sure.

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
OKAY – Dad took good care of me when he could, and mom need to spend all of her time with Liz, so I got a lot of free time to explore the fields and take classes to learn a lot of hobbies and other things.

16. What is your earliest memory?
Getting lost in a corn field when Mom took me to work with her at the Ross’s Cream Corn Plant

17. How much schooling have you had?
Well, I’m still in nursing school.

18. Did you enjoy school?
Not when I was younger, but now I love it.


19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
From my Dad.

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
My dad and mom, The nurses who took care of Liz and a lot of other people: Florence nightingale, oprah, gladys night, and tina turner.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Dad and I were close, Mom and I weren’t and I didn’t see Liz very much, but we were okay.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A jockey

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Horseback riding,, reading, writing, music, piano, archery and fencing when I was older.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I was sort of a tom-boy I suppose.

25. As a child, were you popular? What were your friends like?
Far from it, I had only a couple of close-friends- Matilda, my bestest of bestest friends, lol, was sweet and shy. She’s in New YorK now in art school.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
Getting pretty personal here – but Matilda, in third grade, when we were practicing how to kiss in case Billy laroux ever asked us – he didn’t.

27. Are you a virgin?
Wow, and I thought the kiss question was getting personal, but what the hell - No.
If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
Nope, that I’m not going to tell you.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities.
I know smallville is the home of some pretty weird stuff, but this question is a little to out there.

29. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Dad taught me to try things people said I couldn’t do. And the nurses who took care of Liz were really great

Part 3: Past Influences

30. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Liz Dying.

31. Who has had the most influence on you?
Dad

32. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I have a thank you note from a little girl named Samantha, whose mother died of cancer… she really appreciated how I took care of her mom.

33. What is your greatest regret?
Don’t really have a greatest yet. I do the best I can on the information I have at the time. Even if that changes later… it was still the best I could at the time.

34. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

Evil? Well, nothing evil. Although, I have walked away from a vending machine when it gave me two candy bars more than I should have had… without putting more money in. But I broke them up in pieces and gave them to the kids in the children’s ward.

35. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?

Yep, I “liberated” an abused hunting dog from a neighbor’s yard.

36. When was the time you were the most frightened?

When I came home to find Dad sitting on the front porch crying after he found out about Liz dying and Mom going back into the service as a Nurse. She hadn’t told him about her preparations to re-enlist or that she had made arrangements to leave immediately after Liz’s death. She never even attended the funeral. But, I guess she spent enough time with Liz to make up for that.

37. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
In high school, one of the cheerleaders set up a camera in the dressing stalls, and took several pictures of me when I came out of the shower and changed. Then , she had her boyfriend pass them around so the boys could pen them up in their gym lockers. No one told me about it until the coach found one while cleaning out the locker of a student who had moved.

38. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
Maybe, I would change it so that she couldn’t take and pass around the pictures, but other than that… not too much. Maybe I would change it so that Liz wouldn’t die, or that mom wouldn’t re-enlist, but neither I think it would have happened some other way anyhow.

39. What is your best memory?
Getting the job here.

40. What is your worst memory?
The hours I waited for mom to show before Liz’s funeral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home